top of page


Airplane Cabin


 Those wishing to visit Canada must possess a valid eta or a temporary resident visa (visitor’s visa) prior to arriving at a port of entry. You may need to satisfy certain conditions and you cannot be criminally or medically inadmissible to travel.


Aviou Law can help prepare an affidavit that will serve as your LOI and your temporary resident visa application. 



Canadian citizens and permanent residents wishing to sponsor their parents and grandparents may do so under the super visa category. The super visa allows parents and grandparents to visit and temporarily reside in Canada with their children and grandchildren for duration of 2 years upon each entry as opposed to the 6 months’ duration typically attached to a temporary resident’s visa; the super visa is a multiple entry visa with a validity period of 10 years. 

Reading Newspaper


A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada to engage in international business activities without directly entering the Canadian labour market. Business visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business are outside Canada. Business visitors who plan to visit Canada may need to apply for an ETA or a visa. Business visitors from visa-exempt nations would need to ensure that they have a valid ETA prior to their trip. You are a business visitor if you plan to visit Canada temporarily to:

  • Look for ways to grow your business,

  • Invest; or

  • Advance your business relationships.


If you plan to stay longer than six months or plan to work in Canada, it may be best that you consider applying for a work permit as a temporary worker.


Aviou Law can help in preparing a convincing business visitor application.  



Foreign nationals seeking to study in Canada will need to obtain a Canadian study permit, which serves as a Canadian student visa for the duration of your stay.  You must first of all be accepted to study at a designated learning institute and satisfy an immigration official that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fee, living expenses and onwards travel after your program of study. You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less.



The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) allows Canadian employers to hire foreign nationals to fill temporary labour and skill shortages when qualified Canadian citizens or permanent residents are not available

There are two types of work permits issued under the TFWP – Employer Specific Work Permits and Open Work Permits and the program is made up of four streams: high-skilled workers, low-skilled workers, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, and the Live-In Caregiver Program.

Save some exceptions a temporary foreign worker (TFW) will be required to have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) prior to applying for a work permit
..A LMIA is issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) once an employer has demonstrated efforts to find a suitable Canadian citizen or permanent resident for the job, that the job offer is genuine, and that the employer has met job offer commitments to temporary foreign workers they have previously hired

Aviou Law Firm can help those with a job offer and positive LMIA apply for a work permit as well as employers looking to submit an application fora LMIA to ESDC.



International Experience Canada (IEC) provides youths between the ages of 18-30 (and in some circumstances up to 35) with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada.


To participate:

  • your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, or

  • you may be able to use a Recognized Organization.

Depending on where you are from, you can choose from up to three travel and work experiences:

  1. Working Holiday

  2. Young Professionals

  3. International Co-op Internship

To find out more contact us today.

For more information regarding any of the migration categories or to see how best we can help, please email us at or contact us via our contact page concerning your query.

Temporary Immigration: Service
bottom of page